Cubs in Summerston, Maryhill, Glasgow

Saturday 17 May 2008

Cub Scout Motto, Promise and Law

The Cub Scout Motto:
Be Prepared

The man who founded Scouts was called Robert Baden-Powell... it's his initials that were adopted in the motto "Be Prepared".

The Cub Scout Promise:
I promise that I will do my best,
to do my duty to my God and to the Queen,
to help other people
and to keep the Cub Scout Law

The Cub Scout Law:
Cub Scouts always do their best,
think of others before themselves and
do a good turn every day.


The Cub Scout Sign:
Is made with your right hand, held just in front of your shoulder, pointing upwards.
The 3 middle fingers point upwards... they signify the Motto, Promise, and Law.
The 3 fingers also signify the 3 principles of Scouting... Duty to self, Duty to others, Duty to God

The Cub Scout Handshake:
In Scouting, we shake hands with our left hand... this is a kind of secret handshake!

No comments: